Foundation Fellow Award
The Fairmont State University Foundation Fellow Program is open to all full-time faculty members at either Fairmont State University or Pierpont Community & Technical College.
One award of a $4000 stipend
Applicants are encouraged to design activities, projects, or programs which will contribute to their own professional development, benefit their students, and align with the mission of Fairmont State University and/or Pierpont Community and Technical College.
Proposals by applicants should include the following:
- A precise description of the nature and purpose of the project with the supporting materials;
- Applicant’s previous achievements and funding;
- A concrete explanation of the specific benefits that the faculty member, students, university, and/or community will derive from the proposed activity;
- A calendar of the activities in which the faculty member will engage, including a proposed date of completion;
- A letter from the Dean or Chair indicating that the proposal has been discussed and that possible ramifications for the school have been considered;
- A detailed budget.
Submit finished applications to the appropriate institution using submission box on the left.
February 17, 2012
The Faculty Development Committee will notify each applicant when the proposal is received by the committee. The Faculty Development Committee will consider each proposal carefully, per the Rubric posted on the Center for Teaching Excellence, and forward a recommendation to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and to the President. The recommendation will then be forwarded to the Executive Committee of the Foundation for final approval. The award is announced during the spring semester.