About the Mound
The first edition of The Mound yearbook was published in 1908 by the senior class of Fairmont State Normal School.
At that time, the school was located on Fairmont Avenue. Student organizations included religious, literary and academic societies. Tuition was free.
Other important dates:
- 1917: Hardway Hall built on Locust Ave.
- 1940s: New Student Union constructed
- 1943: Name changed to Fairmont State College
- 1954: New library constructed
- 1972: Official Hunt Haught Hall opening; library expanded
- 1996: First year for on-campus Internet access
- 2005: Falcon Center completed
- 2008: Engineering Technology Building opens